Monday, February 4, 2008

Holy Cow that was a ton of Snow!

For those of you who are lucky enough to not live in a snowy tundra, we got 14-15 inches of snow yesterday (I didn't measure, but the weather guy assures me it was this much). Andy spent all morning shoveling the church and then our driveways and others in the neighborhood. Today the kids and I got to reap the rewards of the snow storm and went out to play. We decided to make a snowman. I started to try to roll the snow around to make a ball when I realized I have never made a snowman before. We never got enough snow in Georgia to make a real snowman! I'm sure in my younger years my sisters allowed me to help with their snowmen, but I don't remember it at all. I struggled for a little while until I got the hang of it so our snowman isn't huge or well proportioned, but it is still our first snowman!

6 comments:

melissa said...

Glad to see you've embraced winter's splendor. Cute snowman. Ours failed miserably, and I was born and raised in Utah!

And just think...with all this snow, we'll have plenty of water when summer comes to swim and water the lawn! But it is soooo cold.

P.S. Are those hearts on Drew's gloves?

Bryn said...

Wasn't that snow Crazy! I thought for sure it would be enough to cancel church! My girls were also in the snow forever but I wasn't as good as you to help them make a snowman. I was way more concerned about pulling Macy out of the snow that was deeper than she is tall and taking cute pictures.

I love the fact that Drew hates pants! At least its just the pants.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Kelsy and Andy I'm so glad I found you on Audra's blog! We just started one too- we're gregandcamille.blogspot.com PS your kids are so darn cute!

Van Cott Family said...

so cute! way to go Georgia girl! what a good mom. I'll never forget what I heard Dr Laura ??? on the radio say "Kids spell LOVE: T-I-M-e"
--Julie

Elena said...

Um, the first time I ever get on your site and Bon Jovi is playing. I'll have to visit you more often! That snow was crazy.

Anonymous said...

YOu need some Gwen Stefani on the music list.