Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentine's Day


In honor of Valentine's Day I decided to take direction from Bryn Swensen and answer her questionnaire about my wonderful husband. I love him so much- he does so much for our family and is always running crazy with work, school, and his church calling. I know he sometimes feels like he isn't around enough or isn't doing a good job, but he is amazing and is doing a great job- you can tell by how happy he makes me and the kids!

What is his name? Andrew Ross Watson

How long did you date? We started dating casually in Sept./Oct. and then decided to get married in the spring, but he didn't propose until May and we were married in July. The first time I met him I came home and told my roommates that I had met the boy I was going to marry!

Who said I love you first? I am sure he did, but honestly I was smitten from the first meeting!

Who is smarter? I constantly tell him that I am, but I really think he has a lot more common sense and probably more smarts than me in most areas.

Who does the laundry? I do, but he helps me put clothes away when I get really overwhelmed by how many clothes we have.

Who does the dishes? I do most of the time- he helps out when I ask him to and he even did them without me asking last Sat!

Who sleeps on the right? Unfortunately I do so I get to be the one Emma wakes up when she doesn't want to sleep in her bed, but he is good about helping out when I give him a good kick.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? Andy does unless our neighbor gets to it first- we share lawn duties with our neighbors because our front yards mesh together, but he is much faster at getting out to mow the lawn because Andy is in school. We love our neighbors!

Who cooks dinner? I do- but he can warm up a mean can of chili if he has to.

Who drives when you are together? Andy does- and on the rare occasion that I pick him up from work and am driving, Emma gets really concerned about the seating arrangement and cries because she wants dad to drive.

Who kissed who first? He did of course- it's good to make them work for it!

Who's more stubborn? I would guess me, but really neither of us are- he is definitely more easy going, but I can get over things much faster than him. I always joke that we have never had a fight because I just have them in my head before he gets home from work and have realized he was right (most of the time he doesn't even know what the "fight" was about).

How did he propose? I was sick, but I insisted on going out because I knew he was planning to propose. We went to dinner and then to the Salt Lake Temple Grounds by the reflecting pool. It sounds a little obvious, but it was exactly what I had always dreamed it would be like.

How did you meet? (This was my own question because I like to tease him about it) We were in a Book of Mormon class together at BYU and after the first week we were waiting for class and he came over to me and said "So, I saw you at the gym." I had to laugh picturing the scene in Tommy Boy where he asks where the gym is- ahh my cute husband- he insists this wasn't an actual pick up line, but I think we all know better. It is really amazing all of the little things that happened by coincidence so that we would meet- I really felt like we were brought together.

5 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Ahhhhh! So sweet, I am glad you did this too! I love reading this sort of stuff. You guys sound really made for each other! Miss you guys!
--Julie

Bryn said...

Thanks for sharing this! these are the perfect questions for Valentines Day! I laughed at Emma getting upset if you drive. thats way too funny. and I think that it's great our hubbys will help with laundry.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Super cute! I'm glad you kiddies still like each other! I'm totally stealing this.

Haley said...

you gotta do something about the blasting loud (yeah, Rob had the speakers turned way up) 80's music that comes on everytime I come to your website. I nearly peed my pants when it came on!

melissa said...

Kaden get mad when I drive too! I am starting to get offended.

Now, when will we be delighted to read a posting from your wonderful husband? I am needing some of his humour in my life. The time is way too long between Christmas letters for us to go without the pleasure of his off-color jokes.