I apologize for my long absence in blogging. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. Two weeks ago we traveled to St. George to visit my grandmother who was ill. The following Friday my grandmother passed away and the past week and a half has been filled with funeral arrangements and family activities. My dad came up from St. George following his mother's death and spent the week with us. My mom was in Seattle with my sister and flew in last Sunday. The kids loved the unexpected visit from Grandma and Papa. We were able to spend time together throughout the week while preparing for the funeral. Three of my sisters came into town for the funeral (Britney was unable to come because she had her baby a week ago). I loved seeing my sisters and spending time with them. The funeral was beautiful and filled with family who we haven't seen in years. I felt like I learned a lot about my grandmother these past few weeks. I don't think my grandmother ever felt like she was good enough. It makes me sad to think she felt that way because I knew her so differently. I am always amazed at how everyone can know one person in such different ways. I think that is why I love family history- I love seeing peoples lives from different views. My dad loved his mother unconditionally and no matter how she felt about herself- to my dad she always was more than good enough. The connection between mother and child is so amazing- I feel it with my mom and my children everyday. There is no substitute for a loving mother. I have also learned this week that the best you can give your parents is to be a good person and be faithful. I love my grandma and I hope to serve her memory well throughout my life.
Meeting Trey!
9 years ago
3 comments:
It's always sad to lose a loved one, but it is great to learn so much from their legacy. Good thing you got so spend some time with her in St. George.
I am ready for another Girls night out.
Hey! I am so amazed at all the work you did putting her history together and that picture collage! I bet your family is really grateful for your talents! I think a girls night/weekend out should be arranged in St George! or Vegas! What do you say? :)
--Julie
Kelsey, you did a beautiful job on the picture. What a hard-worker to plan so much for your parents,from the flight plans, to the food & funeral music...you are THE WOMAN!
I am sorry about the passing of your grandmother. Isn't it such a blessing that we will one day be reunited with all our loved ones. What a wonderful thing. I know you will serve her memory well, as you already have.
Love, Melissa
Post a Comment