Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We are back...

I realize I have neglected our blog for the past three months, but I am back and ready to keep it updated. Right after the last post our camera broke. We finally got a new one and it wouldn't work with our computer...so I had to wait until we got our new computer (my early Christmas present) to post. Now I am all set up and ready to go. Our last few months have been long and filled with school, dance, life, etc.- so you didn't miss much. We are now in the full swing of the Christmas season. Last weekend the kids got to attend both of Andy's grandmothers Christmas celebrations. Andy and I were only able to go to the Saturday party so I only have pictures from that one. Grandma Rappleye has made candy and dipped chocolates her entire life and it is a Christmas tradition that everyone goes in to her house and dips chocolates. I was actually surprised at how much Emma remembers this from last year- she was so excited to go. Drew was excited to go to Grandma's house, but has inherited his dad's dislike getting his hands dirty and didn't actually want to dip any chocolates. Emma got to learn from the best with Grandma Great helping her and passing along her years of wisdom. It was a fun day and we got to bring home lots of yummy chocolates!















5 comments:

Elena said...

Ooey, gooey fun! What a great tradition.

melissa said...

Welcome back. I'm with Drew...no messy hands for me!

I'm suddenly craving chocolate..

ferkyfam said...

I was wondering where you went... :) Glad to see you're back. Holy smokes Drew is big!! Wowzer... we need to play!

Scott Porter said...

Are you guys making them in a basement? I told Britney it looks like Andy's Grandma lives in a bomb shelter, am I crazy?

Justin said...

Welcome back to the blog. I was just thinking this week how fun it would be to dip my own chocolates. Or at least dip my own fingers in chocolate.