Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Proud Moment

I hate the ice cream truck and it seems to come down our street at least once a day! It always ends tears. Emma and Drew want ice cream, but don't have money in their money bank so they can't buy it...or they do have money but by the time they run inside and get it they come back out just in time to see the truck leave. After a few episodes of this I took the kids to the store and showed them how much more ice cream they could buy with their money instead of getting it at the ice cream truck. Yesterday it finally paid off! The ice cream truck came down the street and instead of getting all worked up, Emma calmly said to me, "Mom, I don't want to get ice cream today because I'm saving my money for a toy and you can get more ice cream at the store anyway!" I was so proud. We are very big on budgeting so I am so happy to see that some of our teaching is starting to stick with Emma.

2 comments:

Elena said...

You sound like me! Ice cream t the store is a much better deal and savings are fab.

Kristen said...

FYI that ice cream man bought all the choc covered marshmellows that Maylee and Mckinley Jensen were selling the other day...so I like to throw a couple of bucks at him now and again. But good job on the 5 year old budgeter...that is awesome.