Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Funny Husband

I haven't posted in a month because nothing really exciting has happened. January is so long and boring it takes all of my energy just to get through it. To celebrate the end of January I am posting a few of my favorite facebook posts from Andy. He generally has very deep, intellectual thoughts that brighten my day!

I saw a man wearing sweatpants complete with the elastic trim around each ankle. I admire his courage. Other courageous soldiers of fashion include gals sporting the puffy pleated ‘mom jeans’ and men who don braided belts. To these valiant souls I proclaim: Stay the course! Hold on for a few years, for the trend will return. I am inspired to dust off my mesh tank tops and parachute pants. I resist their call no longer.


I met a man who reeked of nachos and bile. I was irritated. Then I thought, if I was irritated by the acrid stench of one man, imagine how terrorists must feel. They run around wearing the same robe-and-turban ensemble, living in close quarters out in the dunes, eating garlic cloves and sphinx meat, and bathing in camel dung-infested rivers. No wonder they are in a sour mood. Bottom line: Daily bathing=World peace.


Eating Jelly Bellys is like playing Russian roulette with my gag reflex. The buttered popcorn-flavored jellybeans in particular make me dry-heave. I also hate how the gross coffee-flavored ones look just like the delicious caramel apple kind--very deceiving. It's like Christmas '84 when I discovered my stocking was stuffed with fruit and a Tabernacle Choir cassette instead of Twinkies and baseball cards--frustrating.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love reading Andy's posts on FB because he always cracks me up!

Bryn said...

Where does he come up with this stuff? So funny.

Jessica said...

He needs to write a column. I think it would boost newspaper subscription sales.