Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family Update

I have neglected the blog for a while and I have finally decided to update on everything going on right now. Our biggest news is that we have put our house up for sale. Andy has started a new job and we have decided to move closer to his work. In July we were able to spend two weeks in GA with my family. We took the kids to do tons of fun things. Here is Bailey at the safari park- she wasn't too sure about feeding the animals.
Bailey did love the Georgia Aquarium (as did I). The kids got to see all of the animals up close- I really love this place!




Emma was really excited to go to the Tea Room with her cousin Meggie- so some of my sisters and my mom and me went on a girls outing to one of the cute southern tea rooms in Woodstock.

This is Emma feeding a giraffe at the Safari Park- I loved the giraffes!

My sister and her husband were kind enough to let us go spend a lot of time at their cabin on Lake Blueridge. We had a lot of fun hanging out at the cabin and boating. (that is Andy wiping out)


I was really proud of Emma because she was terrified of going on the tube, but overcame her fears and tried it and had a lot of fun.

Right before we left for GA we had a marathon week. Andy's grandmother passed away and he spent the week interviewing for jobs and we had Emma and Drew's birthdays and four parties that week. Here is Drew's idea of an awesome birthday...

Emma's was earlier that day. Unfortunately Andy was in CA and couldn't help with the parties, but my good friends Melissa and Allison were around to help out. Thanks!

The kids also got to celebrate with their cousins and grandma and grandpa.

We started our crazy week off with our neighborhood 4th of July party. Our amazing neighbors coordinate this every year and it is always awesome!

Finally, back in May, Bailey turned one! Unfortunately she had a sinus infection and ran a fever during her party. But the rest of us had fun!

Bailey was the only one to get a fun cake this year- in the rush to get through Emma and Drew's birthdays before we left town I didn't have time to make them involved cakes. But I did get to have fun with Bailey's...

3 comments:

Amy Davis said...

We are going to miss you guys! Bailey's cake is absolutely amazing! You could make a killing with those, they are unbelievable! You are very talented. :)

Jill May said...

That cake is gorgeous Kelsey! Good job!

Jessica said...

Woa. I never saw Bailey's cake. It was beautiful, almost seems a shame to eat it!