
In October I decided to start working by selling Discovery Toys. Well, I don't know if work is the right word- I pretty much just have parties when people want them so I only work once every couple of weeks. At the same time my cousin Deanne called me to see if I could watch her daughter a couple of times a week. This was odd because before this I had only talked to Deanne once before in my life because she is quite a bit older than me- but it has been a great blessing. Her daughter Grace is Emma's age and they play together two mornings a week before I drop Grace off at preschool. It has been interesting that I now have two jobs but I don't feel like I ever actually work. I guess this is the best way to work without actually working. Well, now I have a third job to add to the list of extra jobs that aren't really work. I am now the Saratoga Springs City Historian. I will be compiling a history of the city and keeping a record of the growth and activities of the city. I am really excited about this new opportunity because it is something that I enjoy doing and I can do from home while Andy works on homework all night. I guess I am posting this because it is Sunday and I am feeling grateful for all of the opportunities I have been given to earn money, but not take away from my family. I like the idea of being able to contribute financially to the family- even if it isn't very much. It is nice to be able to put away a little money each month for savings.
3 comments:
Busy busy busy. Congrats on the new job. Maybe you'll get into some events for free!
Hello!! We miss the Watson's too!! I hope that you guys are doing good. It looks like you guys are. Your kids are darling by the way! We really do miss having you guys as neighbors. Stay in touch.
nice one!
Post a Comment