We spent the last three days in St. George with some of my family. The circumstances of our impromptu trip were not the best, but the trip turned out to be fun. We went down to St. George because my grandma is sick and my dad was coming in town to see her. We spent the weekend getting my grandmother's things in order and visiting with family. It was good to see my aunt and uncle and visit with my cousins (I don't really know my cousins at all because they are much older than me and we grew up away from them). We spent Easter visiting my grandma and having a picnic at the park nearby. Miraculously the Easter bunny was able to find us all the way in St. George and the kids were able to have an Easter egg hunt. Emma and Drew loved the trip and did not want to come home in the end. My cousin's daughter, Natalie, played with the kids nonstop and they loved her. I think we may have found a good babysitter because it turns out they live close to us. The trip was bittersweet and it seems we will be preparing for a funeral in a couple of days. I love my grandma and know she is ready to go so I am comforted and happy for her. The decision to let her pass peacefully instead of hospitalizing her was made on Easter. Within hours of my dad and his siblings making this decision we got word that my sister had finally given birth to her baby. It was an emotional day surrounded with life, death, and the resurrection, but in the end I think everyone enjoyed Easter and spending the time together with family. Here are a few of the pictures from the trip:
Drew, Emma, and Natalie Decorating Easter Eggs
The Easter Egg Hunt
Emma in her Easter Dress
Drew in his Easter Clothes
Emma and Drew
4 comments:
I'm glad you got to go see your Grandma this weekend. I hope that everything works out okay. Cute Easter pictures of the kids!
Maybe we can get together this weekend...we'll chat...
Too bad we didn't bump into you in Sunny St. George. That would have been too funny.
It was so good to see you the other day...Your kids are adorable and so grown up!
Alright, I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who hasn't been to St. George in the past few weeks. I'm jealous that you were able to see some sun, and not deal with this snow that we still are getting. Your kids look cute in their Easter clothes!
Post a Comment