Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When things go bump in the night...

I am really going to blog about everything we did last weekend, but I also wanted to blog about the horrible wind we get where we live! I hate the wind out here- it scares me all the time. Whenever a wind storm happens I have to run outside and make sure everything in the back yard is secure. Our playhouse and slide tip over almost every wind storm and our patio furniture gets thrown around if I don't secure it before the storm. So I really hate all of the wind! The other night we had our windows open when we went to sleep and it got fairly windy. I was laying awake at 12:30 when I heard the sound of a door slam. I immediately woke up Andy and made him go check everything out. The kids sleep with their doors closed and all of the other doors were open with no signs of movement so Andy assumed I was hearing things and went back to bed. About 20 minutes later it happened again and this time Andy heard it and jumped out of bed to see what it was. After careful inspection of the entire house we concluded that the wind was somehow playing tricks on us and we went back to bed. I get nervous at night (I hate walking around the house late at night- I might be a little afraid of the dark) and I couldn't go to sleep until I had both of the kids sleeping with us in our room. Call me crazy, but I was able to calm down once they were with me. Sorry- the story wasn't really a good story, but it was a big ordeal for us.

Now for our weekend adventures. Saturday we had Family Date Day at the Zoo. The kids love the Zoo and we have a yearly pass so they get to go often. It was really neat because this was the first time I have actually seen any of the big cats move! They are always asleep when we go see them. This time the cheetah (I think) was up walking right next to the glass and jumping back and forth between his sleeping area and the viewing area. Emma loved it, but she would jump every time it walked by her because she was right next to the glass. Drew loved it as well but would ask "Where'd he go?" every time he jumped away. This is Drew watching the cheetah-


The next pictures are of the kids on Sunday. Before church I finally go so frustrated by Drew's hair sticking straight up after plastering it down with hair products, I decided it was time for a hair cut. So here are his before and after, Emma posing for the camera, and Emma making herself a PB&J before church:



3 comments:

Elena said...

I'm no fan of the wind, either. It makes things creak and rattle and freaks me out in the middle of the night.

Justin said...

So did you ever figure out which door it was and why it kept slamming shut?

melissa said...

Okay, so I can tell it's been a long time since we've seen you. Emma looks so grown up! Maybe it's the bangs in that picture. Cute. Glad you had fun at the zoo. We'll have to get going on that pass of ours.