Sept. 18, 1910 - May 24, 2008
I have taken a hiatus from blogging to enjoy spending time with my family and saying goodbye to my grandmother. My mom's mother passed away May 24th at the age of 97. We held her funeral services on Sat. May 31. I have done extensive family history on my mom's side of the family and created a book of my grandparents' lives. I didn't grow up around them and they were in their 80's when I can really remember spending any time with them so the family history project really helped me to get to know my grandparents. We named our daughter Emma after this grandma. I am so happy my grandmother is finally released from this life to go home to her dear husband and family, but I still get sad remembering how wonderful it was to have her here with us. I was able to spend a week with my parents preparing for the funeral and have my sisters here for a few days as well. I created a remembrance video for the viewing and worked on the program for the funeral so the preparations were a little time consuming. Even though the circumstances weren't the best, I always love when I get to spend time with my family. We were able to go up and take pictures at my Grandpa's farm after the funeral. Morgan is such a beautiful place and this was probably the last time I will ever go to the farm because the family will sell it now that everyone is out of Morgan. I have wonderful memories and now a garage full of memorabilia (two grandma's passed away in three months and I have to find a place to put the items I got from them). Here are some pictures of the events from the weekend:
Our family at the Cemetery
Drew at the Farm
The Family at the Farm
Emma took this picture of Morgan. I like it because it shows the M on the mountain. When we would visit as a child I would love to hike up to the M- I even took some the rocks from the M back to Georgia with me.
3 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. It is always hard when a loved one passes away. It sounds like you have been crazy busy! I love the pictures. Emma is a doll!
Sounds like you did a great job with the funeral, as always. I'm glad that everything went well, and isnt' it great to know that your grandma is in a better place. I'm glad that all your sisters could make it this time.
(I couldn't make the picture of all of you bigger, though, when I clicked it).
Let's keep funerals away from BOTH of our families for a while, eh?
We'll see you this weekend!
Melis
Wow, how pretty. No wonder you have such fond memories. Sorry about Grandma, it is always so nice to be with family in hard times.
Post a Comment